Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Final Skype!

This week was pretty nice and it ended even better by doing Skype!! I will get to that later though!

On Tuesday our young amis invited us over to eat lunch with them. Since they are just our age and in college I thought it would be like what I ate in college which was boiled eggs and cereal... NOPE not at all! This was like a lunch for a queen! They started us off with a super fancy salad and then a salmon quiche, dessert and bread and cheese! All on a nice table with flowers and classical music playing in the background! To make it all even better we had a great conversation about Joseph Smith and how the Book of Mormon came! Also Lukasz came to church for his third time yesterday and still just loves it! 




But Sophie, our recent convert, who is roommates with them, told us that we HAD to bring something to this lunch to be polite. Well all we had pretty much was a bunch of flour so we tried making bread.... FAIL! After a few hours it was finally done and didn’t taste too well but it was a big hit to them! SUCCESS!!!

Since we live in Bretagne where it literally rains EVERY day we saw a little rain miracle... there was a lady standing under the tree in PORUING rain and we each had one. Well Soeur Wade being the selfless girl that she is went up and offered her the umbrella she had. She kindly refused but no less than 2 minutes after the rain completely stopped and the sun came out! I like to think that God blessed Bretagne for Soeur Wade’s kind offer! It was soo kind that she even forgot her umbrella on a bus a few days later and so now we are just hoping that we are blessed with no rain now that we only have one umbrella between the two of us... so far we aren’t too lucky but on verra! 

On Wednesday I had my last one on one interview with President Poznanski! After 3 years of being President his mission will end at the end of June and we will receive a new one for my last couple of months! It was so great! I have learned soo soo much from that man in the past 14 months and I will forever be grateful for him and his example! 

That night we were out porting and we were running to catch our bus and BARELY missed it. We were soo bummed and had no idea what we were going to do because no one was out. Then we just started walking down the street and found a family! A mom, dad and two kids with one on the way! They were sooooo nice and we will be seeing them tomorrow! There is definitely a reason that we missed that bus! 
Our little miracle last Sunday named Nathan will be getting baptized on the 24th! He is 9 and his mom is a member but they live sooo far away that it is nearly impossible to come to church! We have found a way for them to come and he is prepared to be baptized! After we shared the Joseph Smith story we asked him what he thought and he gave the CUTEST answer and said that he wishes it was him that got to see Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ! He is too cute!! 

We have a LOT of young amis. Most are all our age which makes it so fun but horrible at the same time! They always just want to hang out with us and go shopping. We were talking to Tamarie who is from the country of Georgia and 23 about our favorite movies and the Proposal came up! She invited us over to watch it and eat pizza and popcorn AKA the girl’s night that I have been dying for! Well instead we offered to bring the movie and we watched the Restoration with her. Not quite as lovey dovey but one of my favorites! It was fun!! 

On Saturday I was blessed to Skype my dad and sister Michelle!! They are just so great! i love them! Then on Sunday I skyped my mom and all of my sisters minus Jennifer in Spain! I am fully convinced that I have the most incredible, beautiful amazing sisters and family in the world! It was soooooo great to just be laughing and talking with them! Due to technical difficulties in Spain Jennifer wasn’t able to be on with me! But Christmas can’t come fast enough for me to see her! It is crazy to think that the next time I see my family it will be at home!




A family here the Letorts just got back from spending a few weeks in Utah! They were able to go meet my family and eat at my sister’s restaurant! TOOO cool! The best part is that they came back with goodies from my parents! I now have the best movie collection in the mission, the conference addition of the April Conference and more! I am very blessed and loved!



I love being a missionary! I am seriously happier than i have ever been! 

Thank you for your love and support!

Love,

Soeur Emily Johns




No comments:

Post a Comment