Monday, May 26, 2014

Goodbye

What a week! What a week! I don’t even know where to start and I feel pretty emotionally and physically drained after this transfer and week. So forgive me if this is boring but I am going to do my best! 

On Monday we had our last lesson with Nathan before his baptism and we taught him about the word of wisdom. It has been pretty interesting to teach a 9 year old who hasn’t been really raised in the church about all these things that we usually teach grown-ups but he learns them better than they do! With the law of health he explained to us to be healthy and take care of our bodies. It really is as simple as that and he taught it better than we could have! 

On Tuesday we had our last district meeting of the transfer! It has been almost certain that I would be leaving Rennes and so it was a bit of bummer! BUT it was so well worth it! I have really loved this transfer and me and soeur wade have worked harder than ever and have been so soo sooo blessed by miracles and joy! I will miss being in Bretagne! 

Wednesday we took the district leader to Laval to interview Nathan. We were pretty nervous because our DL is super serious but it went great! And they even gave him a cute tie and ahh it went perfect!
On Friday we saw Sophie and some fights. Turns out that we have been spending a lot of our time in a sketchy neighborhood and this thing happens a lot! It was pretty surreal but oh well. We met with the coolest Tahitians and planned a party for July and I am going to do all that I can to come back for that!
Saturday morning was the baptism. It was a little bit stressful but oh so beautiful! Nathan is soo cute and he had Elder Ursua baptize him and had all the support in the world! It was incredible! A lot of members came and too tooo tooo much food! 

After the baptism we were all just singing around the piano and I saw that we had a missed call.... It was my mom’s phone number and there was a voicemail. I immediately knew something was off. In the voicemail she said that it was something with my grandpa. After stressing about whether or not she would call back she finally did. I am a pretty private person in something’s and so to be around people when I get this call was hard but I was able to be alone. My mother’s dad passed away on Friday morning after being in the temple with most of his family the day before! I am so grateful for the plan of salvation and the knowledge that I have and comfort I can receive! He was more like a father to me than a grandpa but I know I am where I need to be and that so is he! 

On Sunday I said my goodbyes to the ward! It was hard! I have never felt so much love from a group of people in my life! I am thinking that leaving these people is harder than leaving my family. But I know I will be back here and will be with them in a short time! I love Rennes! Also it was mother’s day in France and some men bought us roses... sooo awkward!

So on Wednesday I will be leaving Rennes and going to my last ville. I will be heading to Toul in the east of France by Nancy! It is similar to Cholet I hear and pretty small. I hope I can do it!! 

I have been soo blessed and I know that Toul will be great!

Thank you for all of your love and support! I miss you and love you all!

Love

Soeur Emily Johns

No comments:

Post a Comment