Tuesday, May 6, 2014

MIRACLES and Monks

Let me just say that I am IN LOVE... Not with a boy or anything even though the name is dreamy enough to be the man of my dreams. It is called YVES ROCHER. It is a French beauty brand that does skin care, make up, etc. and I am hooked! My comp came to Rennes and the first thing she asked is if we have one here... Luckily we do and we made two trips there last week! I am officially hooked and want to buy everything there! I am an official card holder and for the next month I get 50% off for the next month. BUT the greatest thing that I bought was the tanning lotion... So my legs have been hidden in tights for the past 5 months and I am already naturally ghostly white so you can imagine the help that my legs needed! I am glad to say that they no longer glow in the dark and that I already have tanner legs WITHOUT the sun!! WOO HOOO!! I may bring a suitcase home of it... 



This week we had SOOO many miracles!!!! Every single day almost we found 2 new amis and had miracle after miracle happened!! We met soo many great people and have been able to teach them and help them grow in their faith and relationship with Christ and God! 

MAY first is the worst day for a missionary! It is not only a holiday but the holiday that EVERYTHING is closed. ALL buses and metros were nonexistent and so look like a big long day or walking for us! We were able to have a few great lessons and meet some people but there was no way we could walk to all of our RDVs in such a short time. then of course because we live in Bretagne is rained HARD! No hoods, umbrellas or anything. So we got reeeal desperate and called president and got permission to have the elders with a car drive us! SCORE!!! 



Also since the elders moved apartments we were able to get a shopping trip for our apartment! We now have a fully stocked kitchen with the latest appliances!! Just living the life in Rennes!! 

Friday I attended my first wedding in France!! It was Cayo and Cecile and they had a little spiritual thing at the church between the Marie and the Temple! It was beautiful and we all had so much fun!! 


We met a Buddhist monk at our Mongolian amis house. He was off duty and not dressed but still soo cool! He wrote our names in Tibetan and was willing to pray with us!! 



I love being a missionary! I can’t believe how fast time goes by and that I only have less than 5 months as a missionary! I have already learned SOO much and know that I will learn more and more and continue to become who I need to be!

Thank you all for your love and support!!

Love

Soeur Emily Johns






No comments:

Post a Comment